Rialto Bridge
Grand Canal
Grand Canal
Grand Canal
When we got to St. Mark's Square we walked around and took in some sites! We then did a walking tour through Rick Steve's Audio Guide again of St. Mark's Basilica! We weren't allowed to take pictures inside unfortunately! I just loved the architecture in St. Mark's Square! We pretty much spent the day around that area and walking through the streets of Venice just exploring!
St. Mark's Basilica
St. Mark's Square (doesn't the building in the background look fake??)
The entry ceiling of St. Mark's Basilica before going in!
That night we had an amazing dinner and GREAT wine! We may or may not have a little too much wine ;)!!
After dinner walked to St Mark's Square again and just enjoyed the ambiance! They have 3 restaurants there that have live music. It was nice to just sit out there and listen to it! We really loved Venice at night, it was so peaceful and romantic! THEN after that we decided to do a night time ride on a gondola. I know some people think it is ridiculous to spend that much money on something like that, but that was one of the best things I've ever done! It costs more to take a ride after dark, but I think it was sooooo worth it! Being on the gondola and going through all the small canals; it was so quite and peaceful and romantic! Best single thing we did the entire trip!




















No comments:
Post a Comment